Arts Mentorship for Youth
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR CAREERS IN THE ARTS,
ONE ON ONE YOUTH MENTORSHIP PROGRAM until June 26th
ARTS MENTORSHIP FOR YOUTH 19–29
Youth, ages 19-29 (new age limits for 2017-18!), can be mentored in any artistic discipline; in creative, administrative or technical categories. Within their chosen artistic area, the program’s aim is to offer:
· Structured one on one mentorship from a recognized professional
· Networking opportunities within the industry
· Volunteer work experience
· Development of essential skills and knowledge of the arts and cultural sector
· Mentors receive a $2,000 honorarium for participating in the program
The program will run from September 2017–May 2018
Final date to apply* is June 26, 2017
Full guidelines and applications are available at:
*There are three ways to apply for this program:
1. Mentor and youth may apply as a team, with the mentor acting as the youth’s nominator. For the year of the proposed pairing, the youth cannot be a registered student or an employee of the mentor.
2. A youth may apply without a specific mentor in mind, and if selected, ACI Manitoba will make their best effort to find an appropriate mentor.
3. A mentor may apply individually, indicating their interest and availability, and will be kept on file for a potential match up.
The Arts and Cultural Industries Association of Manitoba strengthens, represents and connects Manitoba’s arts and creative industries. The Careers in the Arts Youth Mentorship Program is funded by the Province of Manitoba.
This entry was posted in News
. Bookmark the permalink