Dance Manitoba is a not-for-profit organization, who’s mandate is to promote the development of all forms of dance throughout Manitoba. Everything we do, from offering dancer and teacher workshops to enhancing the appreciation for the art form, is with that goal in mind. Please help us in our continued commitment to dance and visit our donation page for ways to contribute. A tax receipt will be issued for any donation amount.
“PROMOTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF DANCE”
- Dance Manitoba promotes and encourages ALL disciplines of dance.
- Dance Manitoba facilitates the exchange of information and ideas on matters affecting dance in Manitoba.
- Dance Manitoba aims to develop and nurture the appreciation of dance in Manitoba through the Manitoba Provincial Dance Festival and workshops / master classes.
- Dance Manitoba publishes timely E-blasts with current dance information and news.
- Dance Manitoba works collaboratively with other organizations, associations or societies to enhance the education and advancement of dance as an art form.
- Dance Manitoba delivers programming with the following intentions: to benefit the growth of dancers, to encourage the public awareness of all forms of dance and to facilitate the exchange of information and ideas on matters affecting dance in Manitoba.
Dance Manitoba Inc. is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Board of Directors are voted upon by its membership at the Annual General Meeting.
DANCE MANITOBA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President, Claire Marshall
Vice President, Brian Toms
Second Vice President, Valerie Balcaen
Treasurer and Secretary, Katherine Lind Thorlakson
Sofia Costantini, Laura Elliott, Korinne Hewitt, Mickaela Maxwell, CA, Susan Turley
BOARD NOMINATION PROCESS
Serving Dance Manitoba Inc.’s Board of Directors takes time and commitment. We are seeking individuals who have a passion and interest in dance, in all of its aspects. To become a member of Dance Manitoba’s Board of Directors, a successful nominee must be a member in good standing. The Board of Directors provides support and direction to the organization’s operations.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our Board of Directors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with BOARD NOMINATION in the subject line.
Executive Director, Nicole Owens
Administrative & Festival Assistant, Liz Markwart
Communications Director, Dani Finch