Dance Manitoba is a not-for-profit organization, who’s mandate is to promote the development of all forms of dance throughout Manitoba. Everything we do, from offering dancer and teacher workshops to enhancing the appreciation for the art form, is with that goal in mind. Please help us in our continued commitment to dance and visit our donation page for ways to contribute. A tax receipt will be issued for any donation amount.
“PROMOTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF DANCE”
- Dance Manitoba promotes and encourages ALL disciplines of dance.
- Dance Manitoba facilitates the exchange of information and ideas on matters affecting dance in Manitoba.
- Dance Manitoba aims to develop and nurture the appreciation of dance in Manitoba through the Manitoba Provincial Dance Festival and workshops / master classes.
- Dance Manitoba publishes a quarterly newsletter,”Footlights”, available to all valid members of the organization.
- Dance Manitoba works collaboratively with other organizations, associations or societies to enhance the education and advancement of dance as an art form.
- Dance Manitoba delivers programming with the following intentions: to benefit the growth of dancers, to encourage the public awareness of all forms of dance and to facilitate the exchange of information and ideas on matters affecting dance in Manitoba.
Dance Manitoba Inc. is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Board of Directors are voted upon by its membership at the Annual General Meeting.
DANCE MANITOBA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President, Korinne Hewitt
Vice President, Claire Marshall
Second Vice President, Brian Toms
Treasurer, Valerie Balcaen
Secretary, Katherine Lind Thorlakson
Sofia Costantini, Mickaela Maxwell, CA, Susan Turley, Laura Elliott
Executive Director, Nicole Owens Administrative & Festival Assistant, Liz Markwart