“PROMOTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF DANCE”
- Dance Manitoba promotes and encourages ALL disciplines of dance.
- Dance Manitoba facilitates the exchange of information and ideas on matters affecting dance in Manitoba.
- Dance Manitoba provides the delivery of programming to benefit the dancers and to increase the general public awareness of all forms of dance in the Province of Manitoba.
- Dance Manitoba aims to develop and nurture the appreciation of dance in Manitoba through the Manitoba Provincial Dance Festival and workshops / master classes.
- Dance Manitoba publishes a bi-monthly newsletter,”Footlights”, available to all valid members of the organization.
- Dance Manitoba works collaboratively with other organizations, associations or societies to enhance the education and advancement of dance as an art form.
- Dance Manitoba delivers programming that will encourage the public awareness of all forms of dance and to facilitate the exchange of information and ideas on matters affecting dance in Manitoba.
Dance Manitoba Inc. is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Board of Directors are voted upon by its membership at the Annual General Meeting.
DANCE MANITOBA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President, Korinne Hewitt
Vice President, Claire Marshall
Second Vice President, Brian Toms
Treasurer, Valerie Balcaen
Secretary, Katherine Lind Thorlakson
Paula Blair, Wendy Bobby, Sonja Brown, Sofia Costantini, Angèle Lavergne, Liz Markwart, Mickaela McAuliffe, CA, Andrea Myers, Susan Turley
Executive Director, Nicole Owens